Celebrate World Chocolate Day with a twist of everyone’s favourite, Nutella! Made with a clean eating Protein Chocolate Spread, this tart is raw, sugar free, gluten free and dairy free.
2 cups of hazelnuts skinned
1/4 cocoa powder
1 Scoop chocolate protein powder of choice (I use Pro-Matrix Wicked Whey)
3 tbsp of honey/maple syrup or if low carb, 3 tbsp of granulated sweetener of choice.
2tbsp of almond or coconut milk
- Roast hazelnuts by baking in an oven on 180 degrees for 10 minutes
- Blend hazelnuts in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy
- Add remaining ingredients and blend all together
- Store in the cupboard in a sealed jar
*Alternatively you can use any store brought chocolate hazelnut spread. Choose one that is refined and artificial sugar free at supermarket or health food stores.
- Preheat oven to a medium heat (around 180 degrees)
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together, you can also do this in a food processor but be careful not to mix for too long as you almond meal will turn to butter!
- In a line pie pan, press the mixture
- Create a few air pockets by jabbing the dough with a fork (do not press all the way through)
- Bake for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Once the tart crust is cool, pour in the nutella and firm up in fridge
- Devour it!
*Note- If you use a store brought spread the flavour may be too sickly sweet to fill the whole tart with. The Protein Nutella recipe above goes perfectly with eating straight but if you use store brought and it’s very sweet you should:
- Mix spread with coconut cream until you get the taste you desire
One thought on “Decadent “Nutella” Protein Tart: Sugar, Grain & Gluten Free”
Looks yummy 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person