Failed truffles become so much better! My Ganache was too runny so I improvised….Raw, pretty and green, share the love with this indulgent dessert which is vegan, refined sugar and carb free, gluten free, paleo and utterly delicious! Packed with antioxidants contained in matcha green tea said to reduce stress and boost metabolism!
Sugar free, gluten free, grain free, paleo, healthy fats, dairy free, vegan, Keto (use low carb base)
Base -for a low carb base see below
3/4 cup pitted dates
1.5 cups nuts (I used almonds)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
Pinch of sea or pink salt
1. Blend all together and press into pie pan (I used 3 mini heart ones I “borrowed” from my Mumma, she’s the best!)
2. Put in fridge or you can make ahead of time and freeze the crusts, I did that!
Matcha Ganache filling
300g White Chocolate (sugar/dairy free, I used Loving Earth Creamy Mylk Coconut Chocolate) chopped
125g full fat coconut milk
1-2 tsp of matcha green tea powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1tbsp coconut oil
Optional: Squeeze of lime (say one tbsp)
Optional: dark chocolate (dairy/sugar free if required) for drizzling
1. In a saucepan on medium heat, heat coconut milk, oil and vanilla essence
2. When it starts to bubble take off heat and add in white chocolate. Let it sit, do not stir!
3. After 10 minutes add matcha and stir slowly
4. Transfer to a bowl and leave in fridge to set for around 3 hrs
5. Pour into tart shell/s and place in fridge until ready to eat!
6. If using, melt dark chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals and drizzle over top of tarts with a teaspoon
Low Carb Base
1 1/3 cup almonds
3/4 cup dedicates coconut
1/2 tsp vanilla
4tbsp coconut butter or butter
Pinch of sea or Himalayan salt
1. Blend altogether in a food processor or blender
2. Press into pie pan
3. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 12 minutes