One of my favourite grab n go breakfast recipes full of protein, easy to batch bake and totally yummy! The base recipe can be adapted to add whatever protein, veggies, herbs and spices or cheese you desire! Easy to grab them when you are on the run. I batch bake them, freeze and then eat them at home warmed in microwave and topped with avocado and pepper.
High protein, healthy fats, low carb, sugar free, gluten free, grain free with paleo options (omit cheese)
Basic Recipe for one serve
2 large eggs
90grams canned salmon, tuna or chopped chicken/bacon
2tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (360F)
- Whisk ingredients in a bowl and add in spices/herbs
- Mix in your chosen add ins (see below)
- Pour into silicon muffin cups or greased muffin tray
- Bake for around 20 mins, until they just start to brown on top
- Let cool then eat or put into a sealed container. I freeze them in one serving batches to pull and defrost for the morning, after I defrost I heat for 2 mins in microwave for warm yummy breaks muffins!
- Top with avocado…you don’t have to do this but you should, yum!
Optional add ins:
- herbs and spices, I love paprika and cumin
- Handful of chopped chopped veggies like spinach red pepper, onions and tomato’s;
- handful of cheese
One thought on “Flourless Breakfast Muffins: Perfect protein/healthy fats and low carb idea for busy mornings”