Think it’s a healthy choice to purchase that $5 protein ball from the cafe/health store? Sorry you just paid for an overpriced clump of sugar..shoulda got the cake 🙊Take a look at the nutritional panel on those expensive protein balls at the supermarket…16-17g of sugar per serve 🙀 just because it’s in the health isle doesn’t mean it’s healthy, always check ingredients list and sugar content! Even if they are natural food ones they’re usually filled with dried fruit which does contain a lot of sugar, albeit natural. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for dried fruit in moderation, but it’s not really good for you to have such a large amount (cue those huge health food store balls) right before a workout or as an arvo pick me up! Protein balls are super cheap to make and easy!
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (I love pro-matrix wicked WPI
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice (I love a naturally sweetened Choc spread like mayvers cacao/peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil at room temp
- 1tbsp honey/maple syrup or natural granulated sweetener for ketos
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- *1-2tbsp almond milk (you may not need this, if the batter forms without it then don’t use) different protein powders are more absorbent than others!
- Optional- 1/4 cup dark chocolate of choice chopped into chunks
1. Simply mix all ingredients together in bowl or in food processor
2. Roll into balls, around 18 small or 12 medium size
One thought on “Brownie Batter Protein Balls: Clean, Low Carb and Sugar Free Version of Ridiculously Overpriced Store Ones (pssst they’re usually loaded with sugar too!)”
Sounds so good!