Don’t throw away those stalks! The stalks are slightly more nutritious than the florets containing a little more calcium, iron and vitamin C. These are actually delicious, give it a shot! You’ll save half the $$ you spend on broccoli and help our planet 💚 I got this recipe from the beautiful mind of Sarah Wilson, get her Simplicious recipe book, it’s amazing!
- Broccoli stalks – I just use what I’ve bought for the week
- Paprika (I like smoked paprika best)
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200 C
2. Chop stalks into chips and place on lined baking tray
3. Drizzle with 1/2 the olive oil and sprinkle with paprika as desired
4. Bake for 15 minutes
5. Flip the chips and drizzle with remaining oil, sprinkle with paprika
6. Bake for a further 10 minutes
7. Leave out to cool and when ready to eat heat up in microwave for a minute…yum!
8. These store well in freezer too! Place in sandwich bag for up to 3 months.