Calories: 198 Fat: 8.3g (2g mono) Sodium: 19.8 Potassium: 49mg Net carbs: 2.3g (Fibre 4.9g, sugar 1.6g) Protein 24g (nutritional info without Choc chunks) -makes 6 cookies
I used to be addicted to store bought protein bars until I realized I couldn’t say the name of half the ingredients included in them! In came this creation and ohhh baby I’m hooked, my daily delicious boost with macro’s of gold! These are my babies, if you don’t like them then we can’t be friends 😛 I have one each day as my arvo pick me up, I batch make once a week in under 10 minutes!
-60g LSA flour (Linseed, Sunflour and almond)
– Alternatively you could use 30g flax meal and 30g almond meal
– 30g coconut flour
– 20 gram cacao powder (you could use cocoa powder)
– 15g coconut oil
– 35g almond butter
– 120g Chocolate protein powder of choice (I use Pro-Matrix wicked WPI ultimate)
– Pinch of salt
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 20 drops of chocolate liquid stevia or you could use 1-2 tbsp honey/maple syrup but it would increase the sugar carbs)
– ¼ cup almond milk (but you will not use it all!!! You have been warned)
– optional: add dark choc chunks (I use sugar free dark choc!)
1. Mix all ingredients except for almond milk in a bowl;
2. Add almond milk but only a dash at a time, keep mixing until it begins to combine;
3. This is where you need to get your hands chocolately;
4. Before you add all the almond start using your hands to mix together to form a ball;
5. Add the remaining milk if necessary but only a dash at a time or it’s going to get too gooey (I’m warning you!)
6. Roll into 6 balls then cookie shapes on baking paper;
7. If you are anal about your macros, weigh each ball out, it should be around 65-70g per cookie;
8. You can store cookies in the fridge for a few days. I bulk make, wrap each in cling wrap and store in freezer. I grab one out each day before I set off;
9. They also taste super delicious heated up for 30 seconds or left to thaw for around 30 mins to an hour.
What to do if it does get too gooey: So you didn’t listen to me and went too far with the milk now it’s too gooey to roll into balls?? Not to worry I do this too and you get a super delicious treat by putting the gooey mixture in cilican cupcake cups. When ready to eat pull it out, get a spoon and enjoy! It may even be tastier like a little cookie pudding but it’s not portable.