A vibrant rainbow bowl that’s super easy, low carb and grain free. This recipe combines the aniti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric and black pepper with protein and healthy fats to have you shining inside out ❤
Did you know research has shown the curcumin in turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory, a potent anti-oxidant and boosts brain function! It’s said that combining it with black pepper and healthy fats boosts the absorption of the curcumin in turmeric as well as providing several health benefits of its own.
Throw on some Kimchi which is a powerhouse full of vitamins and essential amino acides and minerals including iron and selenium. It’s a powerful source of probiotics aiding digestion for gut health. Basically kimchi loves your body; your body will love
Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
**You can cook this without oil or butter in a non stick pan but quality oil provides healthy fats and key benefits of its own, plus it boosts the flavor.
- 1Tbsp good quality oil of choice or butter (Optional, see note above)
- 300 grams grated raw cauliflower
- Black pepper
1. In a pan heat oil if using on medium (if not using heat enough water to cover the base of the pan);
2. Add in cauliflower when it just starts to warm up;
3. Season with as much turmeric and black pepper as desired
a. I use a lot of turmeric as I love the vibrant orange color
4. Mix as it heats for around 7 mins
5. Pour into a bowl or plate
- 1 qnty cauliflower rice (above)
- 120g protein of choice (I used canned salmon but you can use fresh sashimi grade salmon or tuna, chicken would go well too);
- 30g avocado
- 50g kimchi (I use the brand Peace, Love and Vegetables or one sold at Woolies)
- Any add ins desired such as beetroot, green veggies etc.
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl or on a plate;
2. Eat up!