This is how I excitedly jump out of bed on a Monday. Bread does nothing good for you but it’s so darn convenient, this recipe is a low carb and high protein alternative! Plus, it’s so much more delicious! You can top as desired but my favorites are smashed avo or chocolate mousse for something sweet (recipes below).
This can be prepared for busy weekday mornings!
- 500grams firm tofu
- Cinnamon (sprinkle on as much as desired!)
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup (vegan) or granulated sweetener if low carb
1. Cut the tofu into 3. Cut each 1/3 into 6 strips;
2. Place each strip on a lined baking tray;
3. Sprinkle cinnamon all over the tofu then flip it over on the tray;
4. Drizzle the top side with honey/maple syrup or granulated sweetener and sprinkle more cinnamon over it;
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes at a medium heat flipping halfway;
6. Store for up to a week in a airtight container in the fridge;
7. When ready to use heat up one serve in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Smashed Avo French Toast
A serve uses around half an avocado. I wrap the remaining in 30g portions, drizzle with lemons and add them to my lunches/dinners for the next few days.
Did you know avo is not only delicious but makes your skin beautiful! I keep some avo on the seed and use the seed to exfoliate my face. Any remaining avo after my 30g portions goes into a homemade face treatment with honey and coconut milk. I do this twice a week
- 1 serve tofu French toast above
- 90g avocado (preferably Hass if available as the hass trumps all!);
- Black pepper as desired
1. Use a small bowl to weigh out 90g avo or just add half;
2. Smash it up with a knife or spoon;
3. Heat a serve of the tofu on a plate for 2 minutes in the microwave;
4. Spre ad the Avo on top of the tofu, sprinkle with pepper;
5. Devour that stuff!
Chocolate Avocado Mousse French Toast
You might say I have a thing for avocados 😉
Makes: 2 serves
- 1 avocado (go with the Hass if you can);
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk of choice (nut milk if desired)
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup or granulated low carb sweetener
- pinch of sea salt
1. Process all ingredients in your blender or food processor;
2. Refrigerate for at least an hour in a airtight container;
3. Heat a serve of tofu on a plate in the microwave for 2 minutes;
4. Top with one serve of avo mousse;
5. Top with your favorites berries or cherries, bananas