Don’t throw away lemon peels, reduce food wastage and improve your health! They are super good for you and this recipe makes them taste yum! Containing high amounts of vitamin C and A, calcium, potassium, magnesium, antioxidants and bio-flavournoids, studies show they are great for skin, detoxing, muscle aches and even fighting off cancer! Studies suggest they also help to treat diabetes. Combined with apple cider vinegar it’s a great way to improve digestion to detox your body of nasty toxins 😊 I promise it tastes good (when frozen!)
Makes a big serving you can use for weeks!
- 3 lemons
- 1tbsp Apple cider vinegar
1. I use 1/2 a lemon each day in hot water in the morning and I use lemon juice in cooking so I just save the peels in a zip lock bag stored in the fridge
2. Save and stored your lemon peels (however you use the juice)
3. Place lemon peels and ACV in a food processor, juicer or blender and process together
4. Once lemon peel is all ground up, place in a zip lock bag and freeze
5. Eat a tbsp of the mixture each morning or night, add to smoothies, add on top of salad or into cold water for a zesty take on ice cubes!