These cookies are perfectly crisp on outside, chewy and soft in the middle! Getting that perfect cookie texture can be tricky, even more so with gluten free, here I give you tips to bake up delicious cookies to rival Mrs Fields! Keto approved, these are sure to satisfy low carb dieters, paleos and all the sweet tooth’s 😃
I like to use a little arrowroot flour cos it helps with the crispy/soft texture but you do not have too. Follow the recipe to see tips to perfect cookies!
- 60g almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot flour (for best texture but you can use more almond)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 75g grass fed unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 3 tbsp granulated sweetener (best results use erythritol one)
- 1tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 an egg at room temp) use other half for a hair or face treatment!) important, if you use too much liquid cookies will not crisp!
- 60g unsweetened dark chocolate chopped into chunks
1. Whisk egg in a bowl and half it (use other half for a face mask with honey and avocado or coconut cream!
2. Mix together flours, salt and baking soda
3. In a separate bowl cream butter with sweetener until creamy (use your muscles!!) Then mix in vanilla extract and the 1/2 egg
4. Pour butter mix into flour mix and stir gently until combined
5. Mix in chocolate chunks
6. Form the dough and wrap in cling wrap
7. Leave dough to chill in fridge for at least an hour or overnight!
8. When ready to cook preheat oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with baking paper
9. Roll dough into 1tbsp size balls or use cookie cutters!
10. Place on baking tray with space between them as they will spread
11. Flatten them for a crispier cookie
12. Bake for about 10 minutes