I am not really a smoothie as a meal person, I just prefer solids! However after the dentist I came up with this delicious combo to get in my greens and protein needs! I use pineapple to make it naturally sweet and it contains bromelain, a natural anti inflammatory! Combined with healing properties of ginger and collagen, this smoothie works as a natural pain reliever!
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 small knob if ginger (about 1inch long)
- 1 cup pineapple (I used frozen, Coles sells it for $4!) you could use mango too!
- 1/2 juice of lime
- Optional- 1tbsp grass-fed collagen powder (I use Great Lakes)
- 200g quality cottage cheese (I use Barambah Organics)
1. Blend all ingredients except cottage cheese in a food processor/blender/juicer
2. You can drink as is for a juice if you like
3. Mix the juice into cottage cheese and serve
4. Top with whatever you like, cacao nibs, nuts etc I used sauerkraut!