Gluten free muffins often look underwhelming as it’s difficult to get them to rise! I’ve scoured the internet and taking tips from the best (thanks Martha!) to bring to you fluffy high rise gluten and grain free apple muffins! Enjoy and bask in the praise you’ll receive when you serve up these deceptively healthy bakery style muffins 💚
Makes 8-9 giant muffins
- 230g almond flour
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 130g tapioca starch
- 100g maple syrup
- 1 chopped apple of choice
- 60g apple sauce
- 4tbsp butter or coconut oil (room temperate)
- 1tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Optional- bakery style muffin wraps
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl gently, do not over mix
2. Cover batter and leave to chill in fridge for 1hr
3. Preheat oven to 210 Celcius
4. Line muffin tray with standard cupcake patties
5. Pour mixture in each patty to the almost top, yes to the top!
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes until toothpick or skewer comes out clean
7. Please don’t bake too long, almond flour burns easy!
8. Let cool and if using, place each patty in muffin wrap to look like a pro!
Bask in the glory of achieving fluffy gluten free muffins!