A sugar free cheesecake which makes your taste buds dance with joy! Low carb and high in protein, you can indulge without the guilt! Note this is not a low calorie dessert, but when it comes to calories it’s quality that counts, this is filled with healthy fats and protein with a bunch of nutrients! I use my favourite grass-fed protein powder by Pro-Matrix (Wild Whey). Did I mention is so so tasty!
Low carb, sugar free, healthy fats, gluten free and grain free
Low Carb Crust
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (I use Pro-Matrix Wild WPI)
- 4 tbsp Butter melted or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup or low carb sweetener like granulated stevia
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius
- Mix all ingredients to form a dough
- Press into an oiled pie pan
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
Protein Peanut Butter Filling
- 340g cream cheese, I used full fat but you can use low fat if preferred
- 280g plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Pro-Matrix Wild Whey)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (natural)
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1-2tbsp stevia or honey/maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract/essence
- Leave out all ingredients to get to room temp half an hour before making it!
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius
- Mix all ingredients together with electric mixer (or use those guns for a great arm work out!
- Pour onto crust and bake for 30 minutes
- Turn oven down to 90 celcius and bake for a further 45-50 minutes
- Top it!
I crumbled up some of my favourite protein cookies- recipe at Shae’s Choccy protein cookies
Peanut Butter Caramel
- 3tbsp peanut butter natural
- 3tbsp coconut butter
- 1tbsp honey or 1tbsp granulated baking stevia for low carb
- Melt ingredients together in 30 seconds intervals in microwave
Indulge in dessert heaven!
One thought on “Peanut Butter Protein Cheesecake: Low Carb and Gluten Free”
Looks too yummy 🙂