A breakfast full of healthy fats and high protein is the best way to fuel your body to be it’s most amazing self throughout the day and kick-start your metabolism! Portobello or White Cup Mushrooms are an amazing alternative to bread, which really does nothing good for you! Mushrooms are full of vitamin D, B and antioxidants. They are also a good source of protein and fibre! A super convenient way to hold your food, so much better than bread!
Low carb, High Protein, Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Grain free, Paleo
- 3 Large Portobello or White Flat Mushrooms
- 1 can of salmon (sustainable) or you can use fresh salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp butter (optional but makes eggs delicious)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice (I use almond)
- Spices and herbs of choice (I use pinch of sea salt and pepper)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Heaping of cottage cheese or feta
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Drizzle with olive oil (optional) and bake mushrooms (stems removed) for 10 minutes until just tender. Make scrambled eggs while they are baking
Best Scrambled eggs
- Gently whisk eggs, milk and herbs/spices/salt/pepper in a bowl
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat
- Pour in eggs but do not stir!
- After 30 seconds use a wooden spoon or spatula to sweep eggs around the pan to make fluffy clouds. Remove from heat once cooked through
- Place baked mushrooms on plate, top with eggs, salmon and a big dollop of cheese.