This is how I excitedly jump out of bed on a Monday. Bread does nothing good for you but it’s so darn convenient, this recipe is a low carb and high protein alternative! Plus, it’s so much more delicious! This can be prepared for busy weekday mornings!
A serve uses around half an avocado. I wrap the remaining in 30g portions, drizzle with lemons and add them to my lunches/dinners for the next few days.Did you know avo is not only delicious but makes your skin beautiful! I keep some avo on the seed and use the seed to exfoliate my face. Any remaining avo after my 30g portions goes into a homemade face treatment with honey and coconut milk! Protein French Toast-Serves 3
- 500grams firm tofu
- Cinnamon (sprinkle on as much as desired!)
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup or granulated sweetener if low carb
1. Cut the tofu into 3. Cut each 1/3 into 6 strips;
2. Place each strip on a lined baking tray;
3. Sprinkle cinnamon all over the tofu then flip it over on the tray;
4. Drizzle the top side with honey and sprinkle more cinnamon over it;
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes at a medium heat flipping halfway;
6. Store for up to a week in a airtight container in the fridge;
7. When ready to use heat up one serve in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Smashed Avo French Toast
- 1 serve tofu French toast above
- 90g avocado (preferably Hass if available as the hass trumps all!);
- Black pepper as desired
1. Use a small bowl to weigh out 90g avo or just add half;
2. Smash it up with a knife or spoon;
3. Heat a serve of the tofu on a plate for 2 minutes in the microwave;
4. Spread the Avo on top of the tofu, sprinkle with pepper and more cinnamon
5. Devour that stuff!