Great days start with chocolate, particularly when it’s a warming clean eating bowl of superfood goodness! Quinoa is gluten free, filled with protein and one of the few plant foods that contain ALL nine essential amino acids! Mixed with cacao and topped with a crushed protein cookie, this will get you out of bed!
Quinoa Porridge serves 2
1 cup Quinoa
2 cups milk of choice, I like almond
2 tbsp cacao (or cocoa) powder
1-2tbsp honey/maple syrup
1. On medium heat on stovetop mix quinoa and milk in a pan
2. Cover with lid of a pot or another pan and leave to sit for 15 minutes
3. Turn to a low heat and stir in other ingredients
4. Pour into bowl and store second serve in an airtight container in fridge (lasts 5 days)
5. Top as desired, I like a swirl of coconut cream, berries or a crushed protein cookie!