Celebrate Christmas in July with a raw twist on the Christmas classic. Tastes like Grandma’s traditional fruit pudding, takes 5 minutes and is free from gluten, refined sugar and grains.
Paleo, vegan, clean eating, refined sugar free, gluten free.
If inspired, make your own raw dark and white chocolate, recipe found here: Raw Chocolate
- 225g pitted dates
- 225g dried fruit mix or dried fruit of choice such as apricots/figs
- 150g almonds or almond meal/flour
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp brandy – Optional
- 150g dark chocolate chopped into small pieces (homemade or refined sugar free/organic)
If using brandy, for best results soak dried fruit overnight in the brandy in a covered bowl or container in fridge. This yields the best flavour but if you forget, you can just add the brandy when making them!
- In a blender or food processor whiz up almonds to make it in a flour
- Add the fruit and the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate
- Once it is mixed together set aside in a bowl.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals
- Pour the melted chocolate into truffle mixture and mix in well
- Working fast (or chocolate may harden!) roll into truffle sized balls
- Place on lined tray and leave to set in fridge
- 100g White Chocolate chopped (use an organic/refined sugar free brand or make your own)
- Dried cranberries or cherries
- Melt the white in microwave in 30 seconds intervals
- Spoon over the truffles and top with dried fruit as desired
Merry Christmas in July!