One of the greatest joys is a big bowl of warm cereal on a chilly morning. I never got into oatmeal/porridge, yes you can flavour it with other delicious food…or you could eat something that’s tasty in its own right that does not taste like bland cardboard! Each to their own 🙊
This grainfree paleo “oatmeal” replaces bland oats with the delicious sweetness of bananas & strawberries 😍 plus all the goodness of eggs!
This recipe is not mine, I got it from Leslie Klenki from a Greatlist article a few yrs back, genius!
1 medium banana
8 strawberries chopped into small bits
2-3 tbsp canned coconut milk (it works with other milk too, but will not taste as creamy)
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of vanilla extract
Coconut oil for greasing
1. Mash all ingredients together in a bowl except coconut cream and oil
2. Mix in 1 tbsp of the coconut cream
3. Grease your pan/skillet with the oil and cook over medium heat like you would scrambled eggs
4. Once cooked pour into a bowl and top with remaining milk and strawberries
5. I also top mine with local honey, yum!
You can mix this up by adding cacao or cocoa powder 1-2tbsp for chocolate goodness!